AbleNet Symbol Overlay Maker is currently available on Apple iOS devices running iOS 13 or higher. If you need to print the overlays using Windows, we recommend the following steps in order to print:
- Go to the overlay you want to print in AbleNet Symbol Overlay App.
- Press the "Preview" button (eye icon at the bottom of the screen).
- Press the "Share" icon at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see different apps to ‘share.’ Choose the best method for yourself. This will depend on the apps you have installed. By default, you have AirDrop, Messages, and Mail. Another option, "Save to Files,” gives you the option to save to iCloud Drive.
- Mail will open your email app in a new email and add a pdf attachment that you can send to any email address. Open the email on your computer that has a printer setup, open the email, and print.
- AirDrop would be a great option to send directly to your MacBook Pro or other Apple device connected to a printer.
- Messages allow you to send to yourself or someone else using messages. This is a great way to share an overlay with a fellow teacher.
- Save to Files will save a pdf to your iCloud Drive. Open iCloud Drive on your computer set up to print, download, and open the pdf from iCloud Drive and print.
If you have a Google account or Microsoft account:
- Google Account: Install Google Drive from the App Store on your iOS device with AbleNet Symbol Overlay App and login with your Google account. That will give you the option to save your templates in pdf form to Google Drive.
- Microsoft Account: Install OneDrive from the App Store on your iOS device with AbleNet Symbol Overlay App and login with your Microsoft Account (Hotmail, Outlook). That will give you options to save your Overlays in pdf form to OneDrive.