Please use the following process for pairing;
- In the notification area of your taskbar (generally the bottom-right corner near the system clock), you will need to look for the Bluetooth icon.
- Right-click on the icon and select the option to “Show Bluetooth Devices”.
- This should bring you to a page that states Managed Bluetooth devices at the top. On this page, you should see an option for BigBlu.
- It will either say “Connected” or “Ready to pair".
- If it states “Connected” and it is not working, you may have to remove the device. Click on BigBlu, then click on “Remove Device”.
- The computer will ask if you are sure, click Yes.
- If it shows as “Ready to pair,” click on “Pair”. At this point, it will do one of two things;
- If a blue status bar shows, it is working through the process of pairing.
- If it asks you to enter a Passcode, enter 1234 on connected keyboard and click on “Connect”. Imediately type 1234 and Enter on the BigBlu key board as quickly as you can.
The blue status bar should now appear and work through the pairing process. Once the bar fills up, it should state that the BigBlu is “Connected”. You can then test this by placing the cursor in a location that allows typing and use the keyboard to type words.