Here's a quick video demonstrating the general steps of setting up iOS Switch Control using Auto Configuration.
Please note; these steps may vary base on the iOS version. Please refer to the following links for the version of iOS you are currently using;
Overall, the process to configure a Hook+ with an iOS 14 device is as follows;
- Go to Settings App > Accessibility > Switch Control
- Turn Switch Control on (Note: The scanning cursor may begin to move on the screen.)
- Plugin as many switches are you wish to use to Hook+ (from 1 to 4)
- Plug the Lightning Connector of Hook+ into the Lightning connector on the iOS device and wait for approximately 10-seconds.
- If a switch is plugged in to switch 1 jack, switch 1 will automatically be named Select and configure to the Select function in Switch Control. Scanning will be set to auto.
- If 2 switches are plug into switch 1 and 2 jacks, switch 1 will automatically be name Select and configure to Select function. Switch 2 will automatically be name Next and configured to Move to Next Item in Switch Control.
- Switches 3 and 4 will be manually configured within the Switch Control accessibility feature.