Please note, while this video showing the steps with the Little Step-by-Step, the same process applies to our entire line of low-tech speech generating devices.
Our line of low-tech speech generating devices use a single 9V battery for power. This includes BIGmack, LITTLEmack, Little Step-By-Step, BIG Step-by-Step, & iTalk 2. We recommend using an Alkaline or Lithium-based battery for best outcomes in using these devices. We've found that some battery types that are composed of Zinc-Carbon (generally labeled as Heavy Duty) can give inconsistent results.
Here are the steps for installing a 9V battery into one of our low-tech speech devices;
- Lift the D-ring on the battery door
- Twist the D-ring 45° Counter-Clockwise
- Pull up on the D-Ring, which will lift the battery door up
- Fold the battery clip on to the bottom of the case so that the battery terminals are facing up
- Plug the battery into the battery clip, minding the polarity
- Place the battery and battery clip into the compartment with the wire facing down
- Close the battery door so that it is flush with the case bottom
- Twist the D-Ring 90°
- Lay the D-Ring down