Cleaning and disinfecting your AbleNet AT devices between uses is essential to the health and safety of the user. To help fight against the spread of germs, here are some helpful steps to cleaning and disinfecting your AbleNet device.
Always be sure to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment such as protective gloves and safety glasses.
Cleaning Your Device
Before disinfecting your device, remove any dirt or debris that may be on the device.
- Turn the device off and remove the batteries.
- Remove any large chunks, visible heavy dirt, or debris that is attached to the device.
- Wipe down the device with cleaning wipes.
- Use a cotton swab soaked with cleaner to get into any tight areas that were not accessible with the cleaning wipes.
- Let the device completely dry.
Disinfect Your Device
Now that the device is clean, it is time to disinfect it. Changing protective gloves may be required before disinfecting the device to ensure no dirt or debris is transferred back to the device.
- Make sure the device is still turned off and that the batteries are removed.
- Use a clean towel or wipes with Virucidal, Bactericidal, Pseudomonacidal, Tuberculocidal, or Fungicidal to disinfect the surfaces of the device. It is important to note that these chemicals only disinfect when they are wet and should be left wet on the device for at least 4-minutes.
- Use a cotton swab soaked with Virucidal, Bactericidal, Pseudomonacidal, Tuberculocidal, or Fungicidal to disinfect the tight areas that were not accessible with the towel or wipes. Make sure the chemical stays wet on the device for at least 4-minutes.
- Let the device air-dry entirely before using it.
- If your device has a touch screen, use a liquid glass cleaner to remove any smudges or smears before using.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.