PowerLink 4 offers the ability to control household appliances that can connect to an A/C wall outlet. It offers 6 ways that you can control compatible appliances;
- Direct: Behaves like a traditional switch for ON/ OFF functionality
- Count: Behaves like Direct shows the number of activations
- Two-Switch: Behaves like Direct, both switches must be activated
- Timed Seconds: Runs appliance from 1 to 99 seconds
- Timed Minutes: Runs appliance from 1 to 99 minutes
- Latch: First activation turns appliance ON; second activation turns it OFF
The best way to test if an appliance (Fan, Lamp, Blender, Mixer, etc.) is compatible, we recommend testing the device using the following steps;
- Plug your device into a standard A/C wall outlet
- Turn the device on
- Unplug it from the electrical outlet for 5-10 seconds, or until it fully powers off
- Plug the device back into the A/C wall outlet. It back in.
If your appliance powers on and starts working at this point, it will be compatible with the PowerLink 4. We find that devices that use mechanical switches work the best, either a push-button switch or a rotary dial that mechanically activates is ideal.
The list of links below are for some devices we've found will work well with the PowerLink 4;